Sunday, December 13, 2009

Tomato And Christmas Story

Well, I discovered this interesting story between tomato and Christmas in the market this morning when i went to beli sayur....of course and few papayas... LOL.

There are few vegetable vendors told me their Tomatoes were selling expensive when I wanted to buy... Thats doesnt sound like make sense..... weird.....


According to one of the Vendor, he told me there are 2 reasons.. 

1.Our neighbourhood country, Dear Singapore has to keep store Lots of tomatoes for Coming Christmas purpose. Well, i didnt asked further detail for what used. Maybe for restaurant used or the Christmas theme of Singapore this year is "Tomato"? 



2. The 2nd reasons is the tomatoes doesnt grows well as kept raining for the past few days according to him... The tomatoes were BIG but all "still green" indeed...

So, i dun hav Tomato soup in my menu today, but Fishball soup... Hehe...
It was a interesting story for me as i never thought that there is something to do with X'mas when tomatoes were selling in higher price.

Merry Christmas !!!  ^ * wink wink.....

No comments: